Journal Prompt 1
What does ‘happiness’ mean to you? Would you describe yourself as a naturally happy or an unhappy & worried person? Tell me about a time when you felt really happy and about a time when you made someone else feel happy.
For me, happiness equals accomplishment, all through God’s guidance and grace, of course. I wouldn’t even be here if it weren’t for Him. Even though I don’t celebrate my accomplishments, I am internally happy about them. I am happy when I get things done, whether it’s personally or professionally, whether it’s something routine or something extraordinary. Some examples….
- When I planned my third solo international vacation with all of its minute details from start to finish and things actually went off without any major hitches, especially since my Italian was at the novice level, I was happy.
- When I turned the key to open the door of my newly built house after about 12 years of hell, I was happy.
- When I make a to-do list of things that I really don’t want to do, but as an adult, I know I have to do, and I actually complete those tasks, I am happy.
- When I challenge myself with a goal or project (like starting this blog) and still feel the fear and do it anyway, I am happy.
- When something that God’s been trying to tell me finally clicks in my head, I am happy.
- When I look at my great nieces and nephew, and see my nieces’ looks and personalities in their kids, I am happy that I lived to see that.
I would describe myself as neutral. There are some days that I’m happy and detached from the mess of the world for the whole day and other days I worry about everything under the sun for the whole day.
About a time I made someone else happy: The day I told my mom I got the job that helped us move out of public housing as that was my main goal when I graduated from college.
What is making me happy today?
This song, Titanium, is making me happy today. I have had it on repeat all day. Beautiful song and video.
You must watch the instrumental version first.
Instrumental Version: https://youtu.be/fz4MzJTeL0c
Vocal Version: https://youtu.be/Lk81akon-yU